user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: WINDSCREEN

WINDSCREEN 1 week 2 days ago #38291

Does anyone know where I can get a new screen that ISN'T a Pilkington Triplex please?
I've tried two now and they just don't fit properly :( :angry:
Any suggestions gratefully received.
Ta :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

WINDSCREEN 1 week 15 hours ago #38305

Can't find anything anywhere. Charles Pugh is one of the leading windscreen suppliers in the UK apparently. They can get 3 different tints, two with top tints even, but they can't tell me who makes it, and it's a 10 week wait... :( :angry:
Looks like I'm going to have to fit one of these crap Pilkington screens that don't fit the aperture... what a ridiculous situation to be in!

EDIT. I have just this minute heard back from Saint Gobain in the Netherlands. They have located a few screens in Germany and their UK distributor will be contacting me soon. Hopefully there may be a positive outcome for me, and others, as he said there are 'a few' screens there. :)

In the meantime, if any other owners are needing windscreens and their fitter turns up with a Pilkington Triplex screen, watch them closely. Some fitters will just attempt to fit it by clamping it and telling you it is ok. It may well be... but it could just as easily crack when you hit a pothole as the screen is under stress constantly once it is forced into shape when it is bonded in, and I'm sure you don't need me to tell you that bending a windscreen over an inch at both lower corners is never a good idea...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Andrew Sinclair.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.112 seconds