user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: ONE OWNER FROM NEW

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 2 weeks ago #37995

I bought my X1/9 new in 1980, it's one thing along with my Labrador I will never part with, (Not so sure about the wife though).
The car still looks good for 37 years of age, to me the car has never dated, a tribute to the Bertone design.
I was wondering how many other club members have owned their cars from new, if not from new, how many years have you owned your X1/9.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 2 weeks ago #37996

Hi Keith,

I've had mine for nearly 15 years now. It's part of the family!

Do you have any pictures of your car o upload?

Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 2 weeks ago #37997

Hi Andy
I will take some photo's of my X1/9 as soon as it stops raining, thanks for your interest.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 2 weeks ago #37998

BAD has been with me for 17 years!

1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38009

I have known my car for as long as I can remember if that counts, the previous and only other owner is a friend of the family.

I have still got my first car tucked away in a garage, obviously it was a Fiat :P which I bought new in 1997. I should get her recommissined for her 21st birthday really!

To say I buy and sell cars for a living, I have never actually sold any of my own cars... Scrapped an X19 sadly and I don't count SWMBO's. I bought and sold the odd one to make a few quid when I was younger, but never sold anything registered in my name.

Would be interested to see pictures of your car Keith, and what sort of mileage and major work the car has been subject to over the years.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38010

I've known my car since it was new in 1980 as my late mother was its first owner.
It was kept in the UK until 1985 when it was taken to the Costa del Sol and spent until late 1997 on Malaga plates when it was sold to a couple resident in Ireland.
I lost sight of it until 2014 when I found it up for sale in Northern Ireland and flew over and bought it.
I still have it, complete with documents going back to the original invoice from the Fiat dealership in Egham.
Current mileage is 39000 or so.

Due to the vagaries of the DVLA its V5 ignores the 2 Northern Irish owners and shows me as the second owner having bought it from my mother 14 years after she died, and from a house she sold 29 years previously!

Last Edit: by Pete Pearson.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38019

Hi John
I've attached a couple of photo's of my 37 year old X1/9, the car has done 33,000 miles, so it has not had a great deal of use, the only real problem I had was
a cylinder head gasket fail, there are a few parts removed from the car as I am in the process of replacing most of the rubber components.
The photographs were taken yesterday 11/3/2017
The following user(s) said Thank You: Speedy Fiat

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38024

Great looking car, Keith

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38025

Pete Pearson wrote: Due to the vagaries of the DVLA its V5 ignores the 2 Northern Irish owners and shows me as the second owner having bought it from my mother 14 years after she died, and from a house she sold 29 years previously!

Hilarious!

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38026

Woah!! No idea why that quote ^ came out in huge bold letters... :huh:

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38027

Gorgeous car, Keith. Love the colour.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 2 months 1 week ago #38033

I'm coming at this from the different angle, as I have wanted one since I was eight but was only in a position to buy one two years ago when I bought A176KWW. My dad bought me a Corgi model of one, white & green with a motor boat & trailer attached which I fell in love with. The motor boat didn't last very long but the car left a mental mark that took me 38 years to scratch...Already decided it was a keeper and it's not going anywhere.

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 1 month 3 weeks ago #38077

I bought mine new in 198, trading in an older model for it.

Here it is parked outside the house.
Attachments:

ONE OWNER FROM NEW 1 month 3 weeks ago #38088

Whilst I'm not the 1st owner, my most recent X1/9 is a one previous owner 1979 - 2015 and is in amazing original condition having live all it's life until me in California and the last 18 years undercover in a garage in California. Spoke to the owner who bought it new in '76 :)

Lee
Attachments:

Last Edit: by Lee Griffiths.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.261 seconds