user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: whats your mpg?

whats your mpg? 1 week 1 day ago #39062

Ok, just trying to gauge fuel consumption on my 1500, not going to be too scientific on my calculations, how can I be, I can't help squirting my yoke down the road when its clear to do so

Anyways, my first white jacket boffin test has been to brim the tank, and just see how many miles I get till the fuel light just flicks on, I have another couple of days driving till I can reveal that figure. The book states 47 litre tank, is this accurate? Anyone got any figures of miles on one tank? or an mpg figure which I can compare against,

Trying hard to just feather the throttle for results at the mo, but heck, that's hard to do, didn't realise that such a small car could be so much fun

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

whats your mpg? 5 days 23 hours ago #39066

I can usually get 350-400 miles on a full tank of shell v power before the light comes on. Does depend on driving style though!

1989 SE in mica blue
Last Edit: by Richard Morris.

whats your mpg? 4 days 17 hours ago #39067

Crikey, 350 to 400 miles!! Maybe I'm enjoying the gas pedal to much, can't tell you what i'm getting just yet, the day after I started this thread my clutch slave s*** itself, so its up on 4 axle stands at the mo, going to take the time out and address the brakes and holed exhaust, will eventually post my figures once back on its feet.

whats your mpg? 4 days 15 hours ago #39069

Hi,

During 2016 I filled the tank half a dozen times from half full to full and the mpg was 33 - 36, driving at an easy pace with the roof off. Back in the mid-eighties I did a treasure hunt with many stops for clues, fill in form etc and returned less than 20 mpg!

A couple of years after I changed the slave the master failed, sorry. My X1/9 was difficult to bleed on a sloping driveway but OK on the level.

Best wishes, Geoffrey.

whats your mpg? 3 days 18 hours ago #39071

The figures as stated in Phil Ward's excellent book on the X1/9 for a 1500 is an average 0f 34mpg. Spirited driving would drive that into the low 20's quite easily.

whats your mpg? 3 days 1 hour ago #39072

On a long trip, for example to Turin and back (!) we averaged 39mpg over 2500 miles. For day to day driving here in Scotland we seem to get mid 30's, but it does depend on how many cold starts we have to do. I will see over 300 before the fuel light comes on, usually.

whats your mpg? 2 days 17 hours ago #39075

In my hillclimb car running a tuned SOHC 1600, about 6mpg over a full race day ! 104 octane race fuel.
Good job I don't drive it too far.

Gordon

Fiat x1/9 hillclimb car (competition modded)
Fiat X1/9 road car (bsically standard)
Saab 9-5 2.3t 'Maptun'
Porsche 911 (996)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.262 seconds