user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: heater blower switch/control cable access

heater blower switch/control cable access 1 week 1 day ago #39063

righto, anyone have any pointers on a failing heater blower switch and control cables that half do the job. The heater switch only worked on max blow (position 2), never worked on slow blow position 1. Now it isn't working at all, so looks like I will have to investigate, while I'am at it, i will take a peek at the control cables, esp the cold air feed as its seems connected but not working.

Are we talking a dash strip or can heater fascia be removed to gain access to blower switch / cables

Cheers all

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

heater blower switch/control cable access 1 week 1 day ago #39064

Can you control the temperature that comes out when the fan is working? I ask this as one of the cables connect to a heater control valve which is prone to seizing, giving a constant warm feed (if seized in the warm position) which might be why you don't appear to have a cold air feed? You have to be a contortionist to replace it, but it is possible to do with the dashboard in place. It is 15 years since I did mine on my last car, so I can't remember exactly what I did, I just remember having a very sore back for a few days afterwards!

heater blower switch/control cable access 4 days 17 hours ago #39068

LOL, actually I shouldn't laugh, sore back ain't much fun, been there before too from another job that required bending oneself into impossible shapes for under dash rectification work.

Yes I see the hot water valve you mention, that all works good, its the lower most cable that is not working plus the blower switch

heater blower switch/control cable access 4 days 14 hours ago #39070

The lower cable has a small white connector on the heater end which can break. Hopefully the fan problem is the switch itself or the two wires from it to the motor.

Best wishes, Geoffrey.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.190 seconds