• Page:

TOPIC: Dizzy cap

Dizzy cap 3 weeks 11 hours ago #39082

• Jason
  • Jason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
My mechanic has had trouble getting the engine to run right.

I've got it back , still not right, and almost straight away noticed the the center "brush" in the dizzy cap is missing and the spring broken.

Where can I get the dizzy cap from.

Mine has something like mimbo or mimo on the top along with the number 1-4.

Please help.

I just got one from ebay that looks exactly like mine but nearly an inch taller.

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Dizzy cap 3 weeks 11 hours ago #39083

Sounds like you have the same cap as mine, I ordered one from my parts supplier and it was taller, although every other element was correct, sent it back... I got one from D G Rally in the end. I gave them a call to make sure it was the right one, very helpful and knowledgeable. Sorry, I haven’t got their number to hand, but they advertise in the club mag or try google.

Dizzy cap 2 weeks 6 days ago #39085

An alternative is Eurosport . However, that dizzy will have ben fitted to numerous Fiats with that engine e.g 128, Uno, etc. The main difference I've found between caps is that some have the HT lead terminals all pointing out one way instead of vertically upwards. The sideways pointing ones work better in the cramped space of the engine bay on an X1/9

Dizzy cap 1 week 3 days ago #39098

• Jason
  • Jason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I found something on eBay and they weren't that far from me, an hour. JR motors in Westbury.
It looked exactly like the one I needed but when I got there u fortunately it wasn't.
The woman there was really helpful but despite all the efforts we couldn't fi d one.
I then noticed the replies on here and called DG's in Andover which was another hour further away.
I've got a repro and it looks 98% the same size and shape.
I'm Hopi g this will be the reason why my car isn't running properly - its got to be , right ? No centre brush in a Dizzy Cap !
I'll let you know soon.

Jason

And thanks for your help finding me my Dizzy :-)

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds