• Page:

TOPIC: Headlight issues

Headlight issues 1 week 4 days ago #39092

• jimx19
  • jimx19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Got a very strange problem on my 1300... I switch the headlights on, the side lights come on but the pods stay down. I then pull in the main beam flasher and the pods raise and the lights come on. If I let go of the main beam flash the lights go out (but the pods stay up!) Switching the headlights off with the light switch makes the pods go down again. Would appreciate any advice!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1977 Serie speciale in green original spec
1977 Serie speciale in blue modified

Headlight issues 1 week 3 days ago #39095

Sounds possibly like a relay issue, but it may not be the relay but the feed going to it. If you have a wiring diagram you could bypass the headlight switch to test that, or try or spare switch if you have one. If that doesn't work try substituting the relevant relays with known good ones to eliminate that possibility. Check connections, earths and fuses. If you have a spare steering column indicator/light unit then try substituting that. A methodical work through of components should locate the problem. Don't forget that it could be a combination of problems

Headlight issues 5 days 18 hours ago #39107

• jimx19
  • jimx19's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Thank you for the reply! Well this weekend on my way to the NEC they started working again all of their own accord. Definitely will be going over everything with a fine tooth comb over the winter and trying your suggestions to make sure it doesn't come back... Cheers.

1977 Serie speciale in green original spec
1977 Serie speciale in blue modified
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds