• Page:

TOPIC: Buying suspension parts

Buying suspension parts 1 week 4 days ago #39407

• Jason
  • Jason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
I going to replace both the front and rear suspension struts on my passenger side of my X.

Can someone please tell me how much these should cost and maybe a supplier.

Thanks

Jason

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Buying suspension parts 1 week 4 days ago #39409

Eurosport in Diss are first class. As for the struts you really need the whole lot, the reason is that if you replace one side only the car suspension is not balanced. I know this sounds expensive but it is the best and least expensive way to sort the problem. My car handling was transformed after a new front set, they seemed alright when I pushed up and down on the car, but they wern't. Also, more expense, get a garage to fit the springs, if they come off while compressing them you might not need the car any more.

Buying suspension parts 1 week 3 days ago #39410

• Jason
  • Jason's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Eek, that does sound expensive but your not the 1st person to say do both sides at the same time :-(

Double :-( as I think I paid too much for the area to start with.

But, hey.

I do like my X and I'm always smiling when I'm driving and it's not even summer yet !

Jason

Buying suspension parts 1 week 3 days ago #39411

I understand the Eek. You really need springs as well if a bump can take the present springs beyond their elastic limits.
You have one of the best sports cars, regardless of price and the sense to own one.
Every time I go out in mine it is admired. Aston Martin and Ferrari drivers do not get this because there is nothing of themselves in the car, just money.
If you want to feel better, and we all do, type IMS bearing Porsche into Youtube and see how the vain and mighty suffer. Or look underneath a Ferrari 308GT4 and see the horrors. Lamborghinis with seven oil sump plugs.
Although the work will cost our cars are incredible bargains, Austin Healey Frog Eye, look at the price, no boot or door handles or windows yet £10,000 or more. I owned one, My X19 even has a proper roof.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds