TOPIC: RYE252R windscreen surround rust

RYE252R windscreen surround rust 6 months 1 week ago #37861

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Sorry if this appears twice!!

Finally managed to spend some more time stripping down, front suspension, bumpers, rad and brake callipers off, wiring loom to the front stripped back to the bulkhead, front lights off. Stripped out half the dash and finally got round to the bit I was dreading and got the windscreen out. The old screen had started to de-laminate at the top corners, managed to get the chrome strip off without damage and then it was down to a large hammer my boot.

Unfortunately discovered the surround is in a very bad way, anybody repaired one as bad as this or is to too far gone?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

RYE252R windscreen surround rust 6 months 1 week ago #37862

I can help you with that a very good original windscreen surround only got the small picture below of the worst bit pm me if you are interested
Attachments:

RYE252R windscreen surround rust 4 months 3 days ago #38260

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
Finally got round to repairing my windscreen surround, got a very good replacement surround from Michael and fortunately it was almost totally seperated which saved a lot of time. I was dreading doing this as I had never done any welding before, but actually turned out to be easier than I expected.
Time to get the car upside down, anybody selling a rotisserie? If not I have found a place in Bolton that makes them to suit.
Attachments:

RYE252R windscreen surround rust 4 months 3 days ago #38262

As it happens Mark I do have a rotisserie I've finished with, I had my car up on it for a little over two years. If your interested PM.

Dave

Last Edit: by David Fisher.

RYE252R windscreen surround rust 3 months 4 weeks ago #38299

Nice work with the screen surround, Mark. That rust looked scary. Especially there. It needs all the strength it can get.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.274 seconds