I'm a non-member, how do I register with the website?
- Click on the "Create an account" link on the home page.
- You will be asked to enter your name, a logon id, a password and your email address - ensure you enter your email address correctly otherwise you won't be able to activate your account.
- You will receive an email which contains a link. Click on the link or copy and paste it in full into your browser to activate your account.
- You're ready to go!
- Note that registering this way will allow you to use the public forums, but doesn't give you access to the features enjoyed by members, such as the Faults and Fixes forum and the technical articles on the website.
I've just joined the Club, what happens next?
Shortly after processing your membership application, we will register you on the website. You will then receive an email containing details of your user id and password. Your user id will be your membership number. If you have previously registered with the website as a non-member, we will change the user id you registered with to your membership number and give you access to the areas of the website reserved for Club members.
I'm a Club member, but haven't received a logon - what do I do?
I've received a logon but I can't get it to work
The logons that are issued automatically contain a password consisting of a random collection of letters and numbers. The password is case sensitive. These passwords can be hard to type accurately - in particular it can be difficult to differentiate between a letter 'l' (for lemon) and a number 1 (one). For this reason we recommend you copy and paste the password from the email containing the logon into the website.
You can ask the website and /or your browser to remember your logon so you don't need to keep entering it.
If you don't want to be stuck with a hard to remember password, use the "forgotten my password" procedure described below to change it to something of your choice.
I've forgotten my password, how do I reset it?
- Click on the "Forgot your password" link.
- Enter your email address, complete the spam check and click the Submit button.
- You will receive an email with a link to the password reset screen and a verification code.
- Click on the link and you will be taken to a screen where you need to enter your user id and the verification code supplied in the email.
- As the verification code is so long, we recommend you copy and paste it to avoid typing errors.
- You can then enter your new password and proceed to log on to the website.
How do I change my password?
Simply follow the same instructions as for when you've forgotten your password.
How do I use the logon printed in the Club magazine?
Previously all Club members used a shared logon to access areas of the site reserved for members. This logon was published in each edition of the Club magazine, up to and including the April 2012 edition. This logon was designed to work on the old website and does not work on the new site.
What can Club members access that other people can't?
The key areas of the website that are exclusive to members are:
- The Faults and Fixes forum - while all other parts of the forum are open to the public, this one is reserved for Club members only.
- Technical information - the website contains much technical information that we are adding to all the time.
- Magazine pdfs
- Club information such as the constitution, committee guidebooks etc.
I can't get to the areas of the site reserved for Club members.