user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 1 year 2 months ago #42030

I have twin 40 Dellorto carbs plus ram pipes and manifold plus links between carbs set up and jetted for a 1500 engine. Open to offers over £700. These carbs are fully rebuilt and better than Webber carbs, even the genuine Italian Webbers.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 9 months 1 week ago #42301

Hi Martin.I’m delving into the Webber/dellorto upgrade for extra hp, but just not confident enough or have the knowledge to do so,need the confidence to go about this before spending to go about this the right way.my x1-9 is 1983 1500.any help or direction in the forum would be gratefully received.Andrew.

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 9 months 1 week ago #42302

Hi Andrew, putting side draught carbs on means some major modifications to the boot bulkhead. You then really need to flow the head and improve the exhaust to get the most out of it. My suggestion would be to have some flow work done on the head and keep everything else standard and then have it setup properly on a rolling road by someone who knows what they're doing.

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 9 months 1 week ago #42303

Extra HP is always possible with the various modifications possible, but one thing leads to another, now this needs adjusting, now I need better breaks etc.
Fitting an electronic ignition and getting the existing Weber working properly made the best difference to my car.

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 9 months 1 week ago #42304

Hi Martin/David,thankyou both for getting back.the idea came to mind when I saw car sos rebuilding anx1-9 for the owner who was really poorly.they replaced the cam and said it would give an extra 25%hp.then I was was browsing this forum with your carbs for sale.my mind was working overtime .I’ve only owned mine for nearly 2yrs and I absolutely love it.taking both your suggestions into account I’ll go down the route of tuning,flow work and possibly electronic ignition.what a fun car.great forum by the way.
Thanks again to you both.

Twin 40 Dellorto + manifold 9 months 1 week ago #42307

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 78
Not sure a cam alone would give 25% more HP, the OEM cam is already quite ‘hot’ in terms of lift and duration. Maybe better to look at porting, exhaust and carb first.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.080 seconds