user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users

TOPIC:

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26179

WHAT IS GOING ON WILL SOMEBODY PLEASE EXPLAIN, THIS IS NOT ANY FUN ANY MORE.
THE HELP AT THE START WAS GREAT BUT NOW ITS JUST PANTS

MICHAEL LOOKING FOR ANSWERS

THANKS
I have had that many Fiats they gave me a job selling them

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26182

Fading away

Last edit: by Rachael F.

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26184

Fading away

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26188

Well as member I want to hear some feedback from the committee.

I paid my subs and thought I was in an honest club with a fair election process. Following the threads recently this doesn't look to be the case.

I expect a fair deal so I for one would like some response from the committee. If the election process was rigged then I want some answers.

I pay good money to be in the club and I expect my subs to be used correctly to fund the club and all of it's activities. I expect transparency and honesty.

I have little or no activity in Suffolk area from the club so if this continues then I'm off.

But I want a response from the committee I deserve that as a paying member for the last two years.
1983 1500 (currently restoring it)
1989 1500 GF - on the road
2003 Mazda RX8 - modern version of the X1/9

Aspires to a Lancia MonteCarlo (code number by Fiat and Lancia X1/8 then X1/20)

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26189

I totally agree Scotland is the same, there is a lunch tomorrow and as I see it no one going (wonder WHY)

the one thing that bother me the most is its the same people posting comments time and time again (maybe 10% of the club ) has no one else got anything to say.

Thank god we have the Facebook site ( I did ask if we could get an open forum like facebook on the club site some months ago nothing happened )

alll the best I am away to work on my car

rant over
michael

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26190

I would like to hear what Chris has to say on the matter. Or is Chris to be saved and the club go down the tubes. And now it looks like membership fees will b returned to members who don't toe the line, this is disgraceful. I'm sick of this bullshit, if this inactivity carrys on My membership won't be renewed next year and Ireland will be gone the facebook route... Regards Ed
X1/9 Lido
Fiat 127 1300 GT
Opel Zafira
Ford Transit

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26194

I will not be joining next year totally hacked off with all this

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26198

Fading away

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26199

I think this is a bloody shame good people falling out and leaving

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26200

Still no formal response from the committee???

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26201

Right, I want this to stop, all that is happening is everyone posting on this thread is on the same page your just airing your views without any reply from the people that it is aimed at, it’s like a mob looking for a hanging without the guilty person and its ending with people turning on each other.
Rachael you sent me an email to me I read it and agreed and respected your position and felt it was bloody appalling that it was being left to you to defend the clubs honour and position, for that reason I deleted my comments and stayed away but you and Charlie are now starting to make this personal and we all know where that leads too.
Charlie I understand why you’ve got more reasons than others to take some satisfaction in the fact that the towers are crumbling if my partner had been pushed out of this club in the manner that it happened I would make it more personal than it should (to be fair I would have probably wanted to spark out one or two people) I read all the posts and Jacqui was well out of order in places she was quite aggressive and turned the posts personal but in her defence so did two others who are still members and didn’t get pushed out but again that was down to who you were, Rachael and I defended her right to say some things but that’s the past now and dragging that up will not help this case, if she posts again I’m sure you will see this thread deleted by one of the committee, rightly or wrongly this is still a closed forum and is for paid up members only.
Let me paint a few facts for everyone the club has officially around 370 members this does fluctuate month by month, of that 370 there are around 80 people who are the active members, these people are the ones who organise events, magazines, write-ups and push the club in a positive way, without the 80 passionate ones none of this would continue to exist, the vast majority of other members are just indifferent and are members because they have a car, if you own a particular model its common practise to join that brands club, this thread has around 12 people posting and commenting if you add other lines and comments your still only looking at around 20 vocal members who are just downright pissed off with the club at the moment, this doesn’t mean your voice is wrong it just shows that you have to take things in perspective, some of the long-term and committee members look at this as its only a small minority and ignore it that’s just wrong as it’s not an excuse to take indifference or lack of action as positive direction.
I was a committee member and stepped down as I disagreed with the lack of action, I disagreed with the closed group who make decisions between themselves, they might be lots of small decisions but they have no right to go against the committee rules and form an inner circle (anyone from the committee dares to say I’m wrong and I will post some of the emails that where sent around excluding certain committee member’s me included at times)
The fact is, that this is a club for the cars and their owners, the bad situation at the moment is that some of the committee treat this as a personal club for a social between close friends you cannot change this by posting on here you have to take action and stand up for a role or attend AGM’s, or just suck it in and accept that’s the way it is.
I love the X1/9 I have had some great trips, experiences and learned some good skills I have also met some good people that’s not going to change and nothing the present committee will do can change that.
If all the voting for the Chairman role had been done fairly I know les would have won that vote and things would be different but that didn’t happen and it didn’t matter how many emails phone calls and complaints I made about it, Parts of the elected committee decided to stand by their interpretation of the result.
I personally think the whole top end of the committee should stand down you have no right to kill the club by your lack of action and silence, Chris Neil and Rob shame on you for not defending the clubs honour.
I think that they should hand it over to Les and let him build a new committee from the strong voices on here, things need to change and move forward, clubs should go through change good or bad but change needs to happen, yes mistakes can be made membership might not increase (there are only a set reducing number of cars left out there) but you have to move forward, holding on to 30 year old constitutions is a receipt for death, have a look at trade unions there are more people work in the curry industrial than are Unison trade union members now.
I personally think that it should be constitutional that most of the committee have to stand down every 3 yrs from positions and have a 1yr break at least.
But remember what brought you here, your car, don’t forget that and enjoy it.
Another nugget of advice was something I heard at a Dave Gorman Show last weekend (Feckin excellent by the way) the internet is full of advice it’s not all right and true, Forums are full of people who want to voice opinions again not always right me included, the world would be whole lot nicer if we kept our opinions to our selves…………….

And to end on a good old film quote “Don’t Let the Bastards Grind You Down”

Mark Perry
With a Turbo engine which now runs pretty well Hurraaahh
1980 green with Lancia Delta Turbo engine

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26202

Oh and before anyone points out I'm pushing Les forward and he's a Friend, Yes he is a friend (a good friend I met through this club as he got off his backside and decided he wanted to meet other X1/9 nuts and came round to my house to say hello) and anyone else is welcome to offer an alternative I would support any change as long as its change and not another year of backstabbing, secret squirrel games and lack of any form of action.

Still in my Happy place
Mark

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26204

And whilst I'm on my soap box, Facebook is not a reason for this issue and is not another secret club set up by an elite few, I have removed myself as administrator as a show of this and suggest maybe someone else should offer to take this role on (all the committee where at one point administrators until one of them started to delete and censor posts and threads because it didn't fit with their thoughts).
That forum is open to the masses and has its place, it wouldn't have more than nearly 90 members more than this club if it didn't have its place, and yes some of it is bollocks and yes if your not of a certain type or generation you don't get it (to be honest I'm border line with that bit myself)

All this is about one topic The club Committee and Chairman

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26209

Well I agree with Les.

I will bite my tongue and wait to see what happens and wait until the National next year t see if things change..

Very quiet 10 years 8 months ago #26211

I agreee with Mark's initial summing up of the situation by and large, especially on numbers, not entirely sure of the legality of his solution, and think he is wrong on voting conspiracy, more cock-up, if anything.
I skyped with Rob Croskell earlier, nearly all the postal votes were for Chris, had it been a postal only vote Chris would have walked it, nearly all the e-votes were for Les, had it been an all e-vote, Les would have walked it. We've never had an e-vote before, so no-one knew quite what to expect regarding the process. I'm sure if it had been postal only someone would be complaining their postbox hadn't been emptied or something.

Yes, Chris should be coming out of the woodwork, but his official position has been slightly complicated by the fact that the expected committee meeting didn't go ahead on 27th Nov as expected, so he hasn't been offficially announced as chairman yet,maybe he was waiting for that before saying anything, I don't know.

But, and it's a BIG but, to imply Steve, Rob and Neil are implicated in some kind of vote rigging is scandelous, and anyone, including Mark and Les for whom I have the greatest respect, who suggests that should be ashamed of themselves. As Rob remarked earlier today, it was hard enough to set the e-thing up, to then rig it would be totally beyond us.

I would also remind you that most of us have lives outside the club, Neil commutes between Huddersfield, Manchester and Stafford each week, Rob has spent several weeks in Bulgaria and Egypt, I have just spent a week in hospital undergoing major surgery. If we don't reply asap it's probably because we're doing something vital somewhere else.

BTW what's a mari and why was I called one, and by whom? Someone pm please. Preferably NOT the perpetrater, unless it's an apology. Looks like that was one post that did get deleted, thanks to whoever did that for me.

Juliet
Proud owner of Rosie UPN 19Y
Also driving Azura the Mazda on rainy days.
www.britbitsandclips.com
www.allsparks.com
www.sitran.dept.shef.ac.uk/

Time to create page: 0.120 seconds