• Page:

TOPIC: £20K!

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38550

Look st this
www.classicandsportscar.ltd.uk/Fiat-X19-...-cars-for-sale/33219
Looks great but £20k
Is it worth it
Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38551

• JB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
£20k and it's not even its original paintwork.
I bet this hangs around for sometime!

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38552

It was previously sold by Sherwood Restorations their asking price was £13,995.

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38553

I have seen that car for sale at somewhere other than the above before, most probably at an auction. I will have a look though my old catalogues later.

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38554

So what is it really worth?

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38555

Interesting question and difficult to say, although I do think that these cars have always been under valued and have finally found their feet in the classic car market place. Only 5 years ago, I picked my 1 owner 28k miles up for less than £2000 - market value at the time, now I have it insured for £6500. Is the one above 3 times the car I have? I would argue not, especially since many of these cars have done relatively low mileage anyway and the good ones are in the hands of owners who look after them.
I don't want to come across to bias, but I recently sold a very nice MG Midget for £5500 and I do not consider them to be a patch on the X19 as an all round sports car, Whilst the MG's have increased in value, they were always around or just above the X19's price point, this appears to have changed some what over the last few years.
From an investment point of view, who knows, but the classic car market seems to have levelled out a bit after enjoying a few boom years. One sold not so long ago at auction for less than this asking price and that only had around 3000 miles IIRC, with original paint too.
I suspect if it were a Lido then the asking price would be more attainable due to rarity/desirability.
As it is, I would certainly value the car at over £10k in the current market but just how much more I really don't know. Did Sherwood Restorations sell it for £13,995 or did they trade it/accept considerably less? It only needs one person to come along, pay the £20k asking price and that will give a positive boost to the value of our cars.

£20K! 11 months 4 weeks ago #38556

• JB
  • Expert Boarder
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
The one you refer to was sold at Silverstone Auctions for about £17k.
Even though this seemed to be a one off, a lot of sellers used this price as a bench mark and priced their cars accordingly. I've not seen another one that has sold for anywhere near that price, plenty advertised but not sold.
In fact a very very respectable VS sold on EBay last week for under £3500.
And if I had that sort of money to spend I think I'd go for the Prototipo that is for sale at Targa Florio Classics at the minute for £2000!

£20K! 1 week 4 minutes ago #39800

I've just seen the car mentioned at the start of this post; VMX 637Y a silver 1500. It drove past me on Shadwell Lane in Leeds, it looked superb.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.131 seconds