user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: AutoItalia at Brooklands May 5th 2018

AutoItalia at Brooklands May 5th 2018 2 months 6 days ago #39464

With most of the museum refurbishment and the re-opening of the Start and Finish Straight completed, we are promised to be able to park together this year rather than all over the site as last time.
Queuing times should not be a problem either.

We have space allocted at the top of the Start and Finish Straight in the "Special Fiats" area.

The theme on the MB World test track is classic cars. My X1/9 has been chosen to take part so our cars will get some more exposure to the public.

www.brooklandsmuseum.com/whats-on/auto-italia-italian-car-day
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Punter, Andy Rowley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

AutoItalia at Brooklands May 5th 2018 1 week 6 days ago #39678

Well Brooklands' staff managed to spread both x1/9's and coupes all over the place. Far from ideal when people go to meets to have a chat with other owners, not to wander the site on the off chance of meeting somebody you know.

I did the MB World track demo in mine. I had braking issues which I have not yet resolved to my complete satisfaction which made it hard to slow down for the 180 right at the end of the straight, but it was good fun on the twisty bits. I'm thinking that the rubber hoses may have deteriorated inside as when I checked the following day at home , the offside front was locked on.

AutoItalia put up a couple of pictures of the car on track.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andrew Punter, Andy Rowley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.466 seconds