user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally ready for racing

Finally ready for racing 1 week 1 day ago #39707

As usual I have taken far longer than I had planned to get ready for the new season,and spent far more money than I'll admit! The new engine management system is fantastic allowing much more control helping keep things together on the engine front. I also fitted a custom made rear anti roll bar to try to address a handling problem I had last year - time will tell if that is also as successfull. The last thing to go in was a crash roll bar as needed by the racing regs. As you can see it required some interior panel work to fit and yes it goes through the rear window. Probably what I am most proud of are the dummy radiator vents on the front bonnet, of no use but look cool. I'll do a more in depth write up in the club mag.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Finally ready for racing 4 days 20 hours ago #39722

Roll bars look great, do you have a
fuel cell in the front?

Finally ready for racing 4 days 19 hours ago #39724

Nice, once had a go in a dallara inspired car at harewood, (as a passenger), frighteningly quick with a very modified Strada 105 TC in. The fully internal roll cage, although prettier than a ‘half-in/half-out, meant you kept banging your helmet on the rear top bar

Strike 2....strike one for resto

Finally ready for racing 4 days 11 hours ago #39740

II was careful in the design to keep the original fuel tank, as it is still used on the road and you need some luggage/shopping space. Also I dont need the expense of fitting a fuel cell in the front if I can avoid it.

Finally ready for racing 3 days 12 hours ago #39747

Which EMS did you go for Jon?

1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds