user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: ignition

ignition 1 week 6 days ago #39946

Does any one have practical experience of electronic ignitions? My points are running well with an instant start from cold but; a fellow in a Daimler Dart told me the Optronic system transformed his car's running, it certainly ran smoothly. I have heard of magnet type systems failing completely, from heat or just the design. Any experiences?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

ignition 1 week 6 days ago #39948

a well maintained and adjusted standard low tension (LT) ignition systems are smooth in operation and delivering engine performance, they naturally just go out of tune over a state of time. Electronic ignitions don't, they also guarantee a healthy spark at big Kilo-volt requests, but they are popular as they take out the constant tip top maintenance of the LT circuit. I'm keeping mine original, did think about changing, but prefer the hassle just to have it old school, which i like.

As for electronic ignitions to fit, what you pay for is what you get, go for the expensive kits like an optical, they are very reliable with some program-ability on some kits, the cheaper magnet types as you mention, don't last the pace, had a few that just failed, better off with points & condenser if your going for a cheap electronic ignition.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Moult

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.134 seconds