user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: B359MDF

B359MDF 2 months 1 week ago #40273

I’m interested to know any history whatsoever on my X, reg is B359MDF it’s an 84 VS originally light blue over mid blue but at some point between 2012 and now the bottom half has been sprayed to match the top. Last owner was in Penicuik Scotland. Picture below I found online dated 2012. Any info would be much appreciated
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

B359MDF 2 months 1 week ago #40274

Hello,

Your car was Car of the Month, April 2009 on the Club’s web site. It was also for sale on the Club’s web site 27 July 2016 at this time it was light blue all over.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Giddings

B359MDF 2 months 1 week ago #40277

I spotted it a good few times driving about EDINBURGH with an old boy driving

B359MDF 2 months 1 week ago #40283

Thanks Michael, the last owner and the one previous to him were both Scottish.

B359MDF 2 weeks 5 days ago #40347

Hi Andy. We bought this car new in 1984 from Williams Fiat in Cheltenham and kept it for 23 years until June 2007. What events can I think of? Probably around 1992 we drove down through France to Annecy - and then a carburettor diaphragm failed. The Annecy Fiat garage made a bit of a pig's ear of sorting it out - told us it was fixed on Day 2 and within a mile it obviously wasn't, so they had it for another day! I think that was the only serious problem. In around 2002, rust in the sills was becoming worrying and so we spent a bit with a local coach-builder sorting that out with some respraying to the original two-tone spec.

We were really sorry when the time came to dispose of it in 2007. It had been good fun. But we had then reached the age of 75, and felt that we should have the reassurance of a new automatic cabriolet for longer 'topless' journeys. We advertised it on CarandClassic.co.uk in June 2007, and a young lady came from Yorkshire to see it, and then came back a week later to drive it to Yorkshire. She emailed to reassure us that she'd got there! She paid £2300 - so it's interesting that you've now paid £2000.

So we're delighted that it is still on the road and has found a good home! We wish you both well!

Best wishes from David and Kay Cawsey - Cheltenham

B359MDF 2 weeks 3 days ago #40350

Thank you so much for reply, I will direct message you David

Last edit: by Andy Giddings.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.088 seconds