user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 1 month 5 days ago #40316

Fortunately this year I have been able to book off from work the Saturday for Brooklands Auto Italia on May 4th. I haven't been since 2014, but back then we organised a meet up prior and went down in convoy. I'll always remember looking back in my rear view mirror and seeing nothing but X1/9s and Montecarlos on every lane of the motorway. I live in the middle between Hereford and Worcester, so would either be heading the Gloucester A417 south way or the more scenic Evesham/Cotswolds/Oxford way. We had 24 X19's when I attending this event so I'd like to shout about it and get everyone interested!
1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 1 month 4 days ago #40317

I have contacted Phil Ward of AutoItalia Magazine requesting that both the X1/9s and Fiat Coupes be allocated specific areas where we can actually find our friends and chat without having to search the entire site. ( I am also involved with the Coupe Club)
The problem is that volunteer marshals at Brooklands don't seem to stick to the site plan on the day. I have asked Phil to emphasise the need for this to be resolved urgently.

A general point is that it is worth getting there as early as possible as there can be queues at the gate,
Also the local roads cannot cope if there is an incident. This year I tried to take my X1/9 to the new years day meeting only to hit a non-moving traffic queue 3 miles from Brooklands due to an accident. The delay to traffic was over an hour: I turned round and went home.

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 1 month 4 days ago #40318

Phil Ward has confirmed that a specific area will be allocated to us at AutoItalia.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Morris

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 1 month 4 days ago #40319

I hope to go again and you’re even welcome to meet at my house to reconvene before heading to Brooklands as I’m only 30mins away the other side of the m25. I’m sure the neighbours would be impressed too!
1989 SE in mica blue
1985 Citroën 2cv6
1994 Mercedes Benz E320 coupé

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 3 weeks 10 hours ago #40344

4 cars including mine now confirmed driving down
1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver

X1/9 convoy to Brooklands May 4th 2 weeks 6 days ago #40346

• NRG
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 5
I’m up for it!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.069 seconds