user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: one dim headlight

one dim headlight 1 year 2 months ago #40412

morning all,

A176 limped through it's MoT last week, one of the areas of concern is the headlights.

On main beam, both are fine
On dip beam, one is noticeable dimmer than the other.

Before I tear them to pieces, anyone else experienced this and any pointers to look for?

Thanks, H

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

one dim headlight 1 year 2 months ago #40413

Hi Hywel,

Yes I had the same problem, I fixed mine yesterday, it was just dirty connections, a clean up on the block connector to the bulb and the next block connector that joins the wiring together and now it's cured.
Hope this solves your problem!

Cheers

Steve
The following user(s) said Thank You: Hywel Roberts

one dim headlight 1 year 2 months ago #40415

Hywel, my thoughts are first swap the two bulbs over from one headlight to the other. This will tell you if it’s the bulb or the current running to it. If the bulb remains dim on the other side of the car then replace it. If it’s not the bulb then test the voltage to the lamp using a good earth with the test meter, if your reading is good then the problem is on the negative side, probably cleaning the earthing point could be all that’s needed. Cleaning a cars earthing points is an important part of maintenance and is often missed. Best of luck

one dim headlight 1 year 2 months ago #40417

As the replies above say: cleaning connections will probably help a lot with this issue.
Also, have a look at the connections in the fuse box. particularly the connector blocks as they may be a bit corroded.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

one dim headlight 1 year 2 months ago #40418

Thanks all for the steers, I always find that someone else will have had the problem before with these lovely little cars.

I swapped the bulbs side for side and the problem moved side for side... off to the bulb shop with me!

Thanks again, H

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds