user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Seat Covers 4 months 4 days ago #41883

My red leather seats are getting tired; split seams and brittle sun-faded leather. X1/9 Holland has replacements but they're beyond my budget. Does anyone have any experience or advice about seat covers and which are worth while? Lots on eBay but I'm loathe to commit.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Seat Covers 4 months 3 days ago #41884

The seats on an X1/9 are quite narrow and so I would suspect any aftermarket seats covers to be suspect on the fit. Complete X1/9 seats are not hard to come by and so you could put a second hand set in and then save up for a proper retrim.

Seat Covers 4 months 3 days ago #41885

I fitted real australian sheepskin covers in mine. Warm in winter, cool in summer. The Avro vulcan crews fitted them too.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

Seat Covers 4 months 1 day ago #41891

Many thanks David. Do you have any photos of the sheepskin covers?

Seat Covers 4 months 1 day ago #41893

I have no photo at the moment but they are a natural honey colour shortish dense pile. so comfortable, At car shows people often stroke them.
They were not cheap even in australia but they are the answer. They slip over the head rest and fasten with elastic under the seats. They have a Mr Sheepskin label. Not sweaty in summer, warm in winter. They sure beat leather, they even beat Naga Hide.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.067 seconds