user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

distributor 3 months 4 weeks ago #41895

Have any of you got the distributor mounted on the cam shaft? It seems to me a better location for all sorts of reasons.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

distributor 3 months 4 weeks ago #41896

I'm not aware of any X1/9's being fitted with these as standard. Apparently they can be retro fitted - Midwest Bayliss sell them

distributor 3 months 4 weeks ago #41898

I have looked at early photos of the 1300 and seen that tit was on the end of the engine, photos in the Haynes and Brooklands book show it. What they don't show is all the ducting for the carburetor cooling.
I guess that it was moved to the other side when they perhaps started having problems with hot starting.
It seems to me a much better place for it for accessibility if like me, you solved the cooling by opening up the engine cover to a degree.
The coil was over on the left as well.
Mid West Bayliss say the cam shaft has to have a notch in it for the drive. I don't know if mine has.
does anybody else know?

Also the contrast in the tabs for adding comments and such are quite difficult for me to make out. Could we have them bolder perhaps with white instead of red against the blue?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

distributor 3 months 4 weeks ago #41899

Totally agree on the tab colours, they are not clear.

distributor 3 months 3 weeks ago #41901

I will have a word with our website guru regarding the tabs colours and whether they can be made a bit more user friendly.
We did have a few problems setting them up when we went to the new website and hosting service.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.071 seconds