user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

carburettor 1 year 3 months ago #42015

Does anyone have an old Weber 34 , dirty, non working? I want one to do up and write an article on the process.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

carburettor 11 months 1 week ago #42135

Hi David did you manage to source an old Weber I don’t have one but would love to read the article as it’s on my list of jobs to do.

carburettor 11 months 1 week ago #42136

No I did not get one. The car is running well. My concern is the orientation of the jets. I think mine are the wrong way but, it runs well, especially idle, passed the emitions test well.
When I put them in the supposed right way it would start but not pick up.
The Haynes book is a mess as far as the carburetor goes. It doesn't show the right one and confused me for ages.
If you want a chat email me at
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and we can get together.
I can pass on my electronic ignition story as well.

carburettor 11 months 1 week ago #42141

Hi David,

I have 2 old and dirty 34s. One is assembled and the other is stripped. You're welcome to either.

Mike

carburettor 11 months 1 week ago #42142

Either one please, PM me so we can arrange shipping.

carburettor 10 months 1 day ago #42248

Thanks to Mark Laing supplying a carburettor I have had it down to the last screw, bought all new parts and put it back together. They are tricky things. Many parts fit four or even eight ways, only one is right.
I am wondering how best to write this up, any ideas?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

carburettor 9 months 14 hours ago #42337

Hi David et All
Whilst searching for parts for the carburettor i found a company in Gloucester which service old carburettors so even though i had stripped it they agreed to service it for me see photographs attached. They yellow zinc the parts on the carb and i left other parts with them which they did at the same time.
I decided to go this way because they test the carb at the end but many thanks for your offer of help.
I'm really pleased with the result and the car is running really well took 4 weeks for the service so you would need to plan this timeline in as they wont be rushed if anybody decided to go this way company is Coln Engineering contact Ian on 07791 778328
The write up would still be good a photograph tells a thousand words is my recommendation thanks again

carburettor 9 months 12 hours ago #42340

It looks beautiful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Garnett

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.085 seconds