user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 months 1 week ago #42064

I've just finished a 12 month part restoration on my Dad's Volvo 480 so now I can get back to giving the X1/9 some attention. I've been playing around with the avo coilovers using stiffer springs, I've fitted another steering rack and I'm in the middle of adding a tubular manifold for the turbo engine. The construction was poor so I've had to fill parts with stainless weld and then port. I've also had a 3D printer make me some gauge pods for the charge cooler temps and inlet temps.

What have you done?

1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1989 Lotus Esprit 2.2 Turbo
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Rob Warren.

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 months 1 week ago #42065

Hi Rob,

I’m afraid I’ve done nothing on my car since before lockdown. I’ve still got to finish its brakes, get the windscreen replaced and I think it may also need a new water pump. However in order not to miss a third summer of opening top motoring I’ve just bought a Mazda MX5, it’s a stopgap until I can get my X1/9 going again.

Attachments:

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 months 1 week ago #42066

looking at that pipe work makes me think , you aren't a children's entertainer twisting balloons into animals are you ?

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 months 1 week ago #42067

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Had the radiator recored on BART, then the bumpers Chromed as they where painted and fitted period Carello fog lights bought from Henk. Also did some cosmetic tidying up and some rust treatment and prevention in the doors and rear sills. Have leaky drive shaft boots to sort out in the not too distant future.

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 months 1 week ago #42068

An mx5 is a great choice. My mother has had one for the last 20 years and still drives her MK1 daily!

Lido is looking superb. I feel your pain on the driveshaft boots. My 1300 always leaked even when replaced with new ones.
1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1989 Lotus Esprit 2.2 Turbo
1999 Toyota MR2 3.0 V6 vvti daily driver
The following user(s) said Thank You: Keith Waterhouse

Last edit: by Rob Warren.

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 1 month 2 weeks ago #42103

Been a busy year for this one I’ve had for only 16 months it’s come a long way hoping to have a folder as I have photos of all the progress. Should be back out within the next month
Attachments:

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 5 days 19 hours ago #42148

All this lovely stuf...do remember your Club Magazine needs you...
Cunnorum plena sunt omnia

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 2 days 20 hours ago #42150

Dusting
Attachments:

Last edit: by Frosty. Reason: Photo too large

What have you been doing on your X1/9 since lockdown? 18 hours 27 minutes ago #42162

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 53
Finally forced into doing something about the drive shaft boots as the driver side decided to make things a little worse!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.209 seconds