user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

E10 petrol 10 months 1 week ago #42226

We have a page in the magazine just coming out reminding people of the need to avoid this. It was trailed as coming in around September.

I filled my normal car up the other day at an Esso place and the standard unleaded was already E10.

So, look for the logos on the pumps as of now.
Cunnorum plena sunt omnia
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Rowley

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

E10 petrol 10 months 1 week ago #42227

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 78
Worth pointing out Super unleaded remains at ‘up to 5% Ethanol’.

E10 petrol 10 months 1 week ago #42233

Indeed, good spot. I put petrol in my X1/9 at Sainsbury's yesterday. I use that lead replacement additive, no idea if it helps, but there was some in the boot when I got the car and I carried on using it. I put 25 litres' worth of the additive in the tank and only then noticed I had a choice of E10 and diesel. Luckily, the guy in front moved off just then so I could move forward one pump to where there was E5 super unleaded.

So yet another lesson is that not all pumps on a forecourt will necessarily have E5.

The blurb on the Wynn's additive says that the ethanol stabiliser in it makes E10 suitable for classic cars. I think I'll play safe and only use small amounts of E10 when it's that or shoe leather, even with the additive. When E5 goes in a few years, probably, we may not have a choice.
Cunnorum plena sunt omnia

Last edit: by Mike Gwilt.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds