user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43417

Looking for someone to replace clutch/bearing x1/9 1988 Bromley BR2 0AZ SE London

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43419

Another while you are in there, worthwhile replacing the main oil seal, its easy, not expensive (Claire stocks them) easy to do and access is easy too.
In my car there was a slight oil leak from the bearing seal. Was all done with the engine in. (in spite of what wheels deally said.

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43423

Thanks for sound advise, will do. Cannot find Clair's telephone number appreciate if you could let me know she has been very helpful in past..
I have maintain my X1/9 for the last 17 years but i have got too old now for this sort of job so looking for garage/ individual to do it for me.
How difficult is this with engine in, any advice would be appreciated as I may have no option but DIY. My car drives well, but on occasions loud screaking sound when starting car which quickly goes away
Thanks

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43424

Loud screeching sound when start up sounds like drive belt to me if goes off after.

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43426

Yes, as Garry just said, a screeching on startup (mine does this) is the belt around the alternator slipping. The alternator is delivering max o/p upon start up as the battery may have sat for a week and after cranking the alternator makes its recharging for perhaps just a minute before the current trails away to 5Amp or so.
If its your clutch release bearing (mine also did this last year) you will hear it when you press the pedal.
But yes, the gearbox can be removed and clutch replaced with a trolley jack and axle stands, my mobile mechanic did this too 7months ago.

Clutch replacement 7 months 3 weeks ago #43427

Sorry I missed the Claire question - she advertises in the club magazine the website is:- www.eurosport-uk.net/

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.052 seconds