user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Winter Restoration Finished! 4 weeks 1 day ago #43683

Just yesterday I completed a bumper to bumper restoration of my my 1976 Fiat X19 purchased in October 2023, here in Coeur D Alene Idaho, USA.
I kept a running list of the items as I fixed or replaced things. Surprising even to me that it exceeded 75 items.
Very exciting to be done, but I really enjoyed it and honestly not sure I'll ever be done, or want to be.
It runs great, and just waiting for snow to go away to take it for the first drive since October last year.

Maybe next winter I'll consider changes to get more horsepower out of the 1300, we will see.
For X owners in the USA, Vicks Auto Sports was really great for parts, and very reasonable, with great tech support.
Enjoy the pics as I wait for a Sunny day to hit the road.

Dave Galloway
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Winter Restoration Finished! 4 weeks 18 hours ago #43685

That's an interesting looking roof

Winter Restoration Finished! 4 weeks 15 hours ago #43687

The roof panels open a few inches to allow air to flow in by tilting versus sliding. There is an auxiliary dome light and bezel built in to the center between the windows. Looks like an aftermarket kit a previous owner cut into the Targa. Makes it 8-10 pounds heavier, but I imagine it will be used in the hot summer months.
I can send the manuf. info from it if there is any info written on it - let me know if that is of interest.

Winter Restoration Finished! 3 weeks 5 days ago #43691

Hi David
Beautiful car and a beautiful dog, don't take your car out in the snow, take your Labrador instead, my Lab loves the snow.
Regards
Keith

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.048 seconds