This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 3 weeks ago #66

• Mel
  • Mel's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It is tragic that we have lost the combined knowledge of so many people :cry: :cry: :cry:
BUT - did anyone ever save copies of the posts in their 'really useful' folders :?: If so, those people could do a massive service by re-posting them again....

Even if you printed them out (I know I did for some that needed to come into the garage with me :? ), perhaps people who have scanners which can recognise text (OCR capability I think) could re-post???

Would certainly help to lift everyones spirits a bit if some of the old posts could be recovered :wink: :wink: :wink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 3 weeks ago #76

• martin the hat
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I like to think that some of my posts have been useful to people in the past, but I think the forum thrives on continuous questions and different people's answers... I for one will be happy to while away my evenings responding to anyone's questions with my opinions and waffles, So it's no great loss to have lost the archives...go on and and ask a question I'm sure you'll get a raft of new answers!!!

ps I should probably be in the garage prepping my VS for paint but I'm in here on the forum - It' great to feel part of a club!!!

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 3 weeks ago #90

• Joe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Martin's right. There's always several different ways to skin a cat!
In terms of making the questions and answers bit fresher this new forum is a good thing. However, one of the things I can think may be of a disadvantage is those who may need an answer quickly!

An option I guess is to buy the Technical compilations hefty book from regalia if you need those questions re fualts and modifying answered at the flick of a page :wink:

Onwards and upwards.

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 1 week ago #371

I think that the membership need to have there faith restored in the clubs forum page it has taken a big knock and those of us who use these weather for fun or as a means of problem solving is the only way forwards
Mr Angry and his mates has yet to phone back or to come live on the web page to air their ten pennies worth.

THE MEMBERS OF THE CLUB WHO ARE ON THE COMMITTEE GIVE UP THEIR OWN TIME FOR OUR BENEFIT ............FOR FREE AND VERY LITTLE THANKS :cry:
"On the wing of a Lear"

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 1 week ago #420

• Joe
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
It is pointless crying over spilt milk anymore I say.
Onwards and upwards with the new forum. Give it a couple of years and no one will have missed the data avaialable on the old forum that crashed.
It is perhaps fitting to remind the membership that their are those technical officers on the committee awaiting those problem solving questions.....and a technical compilation guide also available from Jim in regalia. Is a big hefty thing and is well worth the money....if we think we are mod'ing something not done before, or hit a fault no one else has experienced, you'll be suprised to usually find the cure in this book. :)

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 1 week ago #425

• TheWRG
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Here here........

The forums going great guns anyway.

Joe is back to his usual million posts a day showing us all what he knows about exxy's.

Frosty and his Shining Wit (did Dr Spooner have anything to do with that !! :lol: )

and

Chris PR would never have had his new scary photo.

Lovin' it ! :D :D :D

(Re) Populating the forum 17 years 1 week ago #430

• Grimy
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Bought the tech book few weeks ago. It is great value for money as only one tip from a Knowing member can save you the price of the book. All the contributions are from members that have actually done the job on a car that has done thousands of miles. Not the new Haynes strip down!!!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.078 seconds