user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all forum users
  • Page:

TOPIC: A chance encounter...

A chance encounter... 3 months 2 weeks ago #39666

Add a new-found vague confidence that the damn thing will start, probably, and a sunny Sunday, we headed east from Shrewsbaaary even further into ovine country for a day out in Aberystwatch. Parked by the roadside in Machynlleth, imagine our surprise when a dark red VS goes past us. Said VS pulled into a layby a few miles down the road and so did we (probably the first time in history that two X1/9s have pulled into a layby when one of them wasn't broken) - it turned out to be Lech, whom I had the pleasure of meeting on the club stand at the NEC a year or so back.

Then followed the rare sight of two X1/9s in convoy, having met entirely by chance. We followed him into Aberystwatch and left him there, to enjoy the delights of that town, for a given value of "delights" (and it was foggy at the seaside, couldn't see more than 20 yards).

Anyway, here he is...oooo-oooooo *waves frantically*

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ian Pownall

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cunnorum plena sunt omnia
Last Edit: by Mike Gwilt.

A chance encounter... 3 months 1 week ago #39674

I was surprised as well. Spotting a mica blue X1/9 in my rew mirror and having a chat with another X1/9 enthusiast was a great pleasure.
I took my X1/9 for a little drive that day but enjoyed it so much so ended up with more than 360 „roof free” miles on the clock. I came back home tired but happy. It was a proper X1/9 day.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1980 1500
1989 GF
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.675 seconds