This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Gran Finale G-plate (1990) 15 years 2 months ago #10443

• RichardRR
  • RichardRR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I bought my 1990-registered X1/9 Gran Finale (aka 'Gina Bertone') from a member of the club two-and-a-half years ago. She has been kept in a dry garage but run regulary on sunny weekends and at many Scottish Regional club outings ever since (see for example, Icsunonove club magazine, November 2006).

Technical bits and condition: MOT to September 2007. Four previous owners. Current mileage is just over 66,000. New timing belt fitted just after my purchase at 60,000 miles. Four new tyres fitted at 64,000 miles. Blue leather seats in excellent condition. Sony radio-cassette. Otherwise unmodified with standard 1500 cc engine. I'm not mechanically-minded so the car has been regularly serviced and maintained by club technical advisors. Condition overall is very good/excellent for year, apart from small amounts of cosmetic rust on the sills and underside of the doors, rear and front luggage compartments. Small amounts of bubbling around windscreen, off-side rear wheel arch and roll-bar.

Reason for sale: I will be away frequently with my work for a year or so and won't have a chance to use her. I don't want to risk her going to seed during that time. I'd rather she was taken on by someone with the time to keep her in the condition she deserves. Like all good X1/9's she is a joy to drive and handles brilliantly. Thus, as any of the other regulars at Scottish club events will tell you, I shall be very sad to see her go.

I'm offering this car to club members for a week or so before I itemise it on eBay. I will throw in a few bits and pieces and spare parts, including a new brake master cylinder bought opportunistically off eBay as a precaution (brakes currently work extremely well), a Haynes workshop manual and all the service history I have.

Email me (details on my RichardRR membership page) with "X1/9" in the Subject field, for further information/pics and offers. Price: £1550 o.n.o

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Gran Finale G-plate (1990) 15 years 1 month ago #10945

• RichardRR
  • RichardRR's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Now sold.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.068 seconds