• Page:

TOPIC:

Lido for restoration 14 years 10 months ago #11731

• Gomer
  • Gomer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi there,
I am not yet a member of the X1/9 owners club, but I own a Fiat X1/9 Lido Ltd Ed that I'm restoring. The trouble is that because of my job I have moved house, and now I don’t have the space to repair it, and so that leaves me with a forced sale. The main worry that concerns me is that I only have a week and a half to get rid of it, otherwise it will have to go for scrap and It would be such a shame to see a Lido with potential scrapped. Is there anyway that you can help me with a quick sale?

I'm really sad to see it go, if I could keep it I would, but it's simply not possible at the present moment.

Fiat X1/9 Lido 1300
1978 model, No. 0723, covered 50,000 genuine miles
All parts are included but the engine and box are out, so the buyer would have to collect it with a trailer or pay to have it transported.
The body is in a fair condition for the age, the chassis has survived well due to pioneering rust prevention in the 70's and so no welding will be needed. There are a few cosmetic holes due to rust around the doors and the windscreen but nothing that cannot be sorted, then obviously a full respray.
I am looking for around £1000 for the whole thing, but I'm welcome to sensible offers.
I estimate the work to restore the car at £2000-£3000 but still in total that's £4000 and as Lidos are desirable would be an investment.

The car is in Darlington, County Durham at the moment.

Rob Ferguson

Please contact Rob direct on:
Rob.ferguson@amec.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Lido for restoration 14 years 10 months ago #11777

• Gomer
  • Gomer's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Rob can also be contacted on 07707 667154

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds