user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica 14 years 5 months ago #13065

• scottydog
  • scottydog's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica Red.
Lots of Spares. History and bills £2100.

Much info’ at: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sts-and-jp

Sadly the time has come to part with my Exxy. The rising cost of petrol means I can’t carry on using my 22mpg Renault GTA as my daily transport. I need something small and cheap to run for commuting to work so one of my classics has to be sold. The Exxy is the better car, having had much love and attention over the years. The GTA’s still a work-in-progress so “Bertine” is up for sale. I reckon she’s in excellent condition and as far as I know is pretty much completely original and unrestored.

She starts well, and runs beautifully. She’s been very reliable as I invested approx’ £1100 in her immediately after buying her. There’s plenty of underseal and rustproofing on this car so she’s not suffered much from the dreaded tin worm that’s claimed so many other X1/9’s.

Included in the sale are quite a few spare parts, including a spare windscreen and completely unused Koni shocks (front/rear as purchased through the club last year), head/manifold/gearbox gaskets, new brake disks (4), front brake pads, spark plugs, points set, condenser, gearbox (condition unknown), heater controls, water pipes (used), original radio, & carpet. Sorry, but I don’t want to sell the parts separately.

I replaced the original brown carpet with a maroon one, which makes the interior a nice cosy place to be – and there are no tears in the seats. There is a spare (brown) carpet included in the sale in case the buyer prefers the original colour. I removed the auto-choke and installed a manual conversion. She has twin cooling fans, as they came with the recon’d radiator I fitted late 2006.

She’s lived in a de-humidified garage for most of the time I have owned her, and was garaged by the previous owner. Therefore bodywork is good with only a few rust spots.

Negatives :

The clutch and gearbox are not 100% these days (usual gearbox problem). Still very driveable though.

She also has some rust on the inside wings under the bonnet (usual places and not close enough to the suspension mountings to affect the MOT).

I can’t get the door seals to fit properly since replacing the plastic trim behind the doors.

She’s got temporary speakers covers.

Paintwork is mostly pretty good although there are some marks and a little “orange peel” around the drivers door handle.

Finally, I’ll make sure she’s sold with a years MOT, and she’s taxed ‘til end April.

Contact: Simon. 07802 378029. 01767 221266. Biggleswade, Beds.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica 14 years 5 months ago #13078

Sorry to see youre selling up, just had a look at your website and I can see how much time and love you've invested in "Bertine"! Hope she goes to a new owner half as dedicated as you...
Cheers,
Jim.
1977 Serie speciale in green original spec
1977 Serie speciale in blue modified

1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica 14 years 3 months ago #13688

• scottydog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Reduced to £1850.

Taxed 'til end October.

1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica 14 years 1 month ago #14185

• scottydog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I've got my new car for commuting now so could do with passing the Exxy on to a fellow enthusiast.

Therefore I'm reducing the price to £1200.

That's including all the parts.

That's got to be a bit of a bargain! Basically means I'm asking around £850 for the car and £350 for the spares, give or take.

Contact: Simon. 07802 378029. 01767 221266. Biggleswade, Beds.

1983 Bertone X1/9 - <56,000 miles, Great Condition, Mica 14 years 1 month ago #14334

• scottydog
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sold.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.082 seconds