• Page:

TOPIC:

Blue GF 14 years 4 months ago #13242

• Antony
  • Antony's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Everyone

Sad to say, but the time has come for my X1/9 and I to part. I no longer have the time, enthusiasm or money to keep a toy car.

So, my blue, 1989, Gran Finale is for sale. Over the past four years I have spent a huge amount of time and money repairing and improving the car. It’s got (in no particular order):
• a complete CSC exhaust (including manifold) and larger carb jets
• new brake master cylinder
• recon front callipers
• new front discs and EBC Green Stuff pads
• stainless brake hoses front and rear
• new clutch with new master cylinder and new slave cylinder
• new handbrake cables
• new rear ball joints (£150 each!)
• new front suspension arms with ball joints and bushes
• new front strut top mounts
• new rear suspension bushes.
• new wheel bearings all round
• new Pirelli P2000 all round including spare (plus 2 new 185s if you want them!)
That’s over £2,000 of parts alone!

There are a few jobs that need finishing. The handbrake needs adjusting. I had spent a lot of time sorting out the handling before I had to change the ball joints and having disturbed everything I think it would benefit from having the alignment checked and adjusted (I can recommend someone to do this). The bodywork will need a bit of work at some point; the O/S/R wheelarch is a bit scabby and the rear edge of the roof hoop needs patching. Otherwise apart from a few little bubbles here and there the body is very sound. The paintwork has been scratched by peacocks (yes, really!) and could do with a good cut and polish. The seats have the usual ‘string vest’ thing going on.

Overall it’s a very good car and drives very well. The exhaust and carb jets have greatly improved the performance and the upgraded brakes are much better too. It has covered 69000 miles. The MOT runs till 10th May but I’ll get a fresh one before it goes to a new home if you want.

I’m not sure how much it’s worth, but I’m under no illusions. I need the space and would love it to go to a good home with a club member, so make me an offer, you could be surprised.

Give me a call on 01865 872745 in the evenings or 0773 325 8857 during the day. Or e-mail me antony.gray@talk21.com

Some of you with very long memories will recognise this advert from late in 2006. Well I didn’t sell the car at the time and have used it off and on since. My personal circumstances have changed again but I still need to thin out my stable of cars. I just thought I’d mention that in case anyone was suspicious about it!

Finally, thanks to everyone for all the advice you have given me via this forum over the years.

Antony

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Blue GF 14 years 4 months ago #13246

• tinvek
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
i assume you've seen the cars wanted section :D

Blue GF 14 years 2 months ago #14035

• Antony
  • Antony's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello

I just wanted to let you know that my car has now been sold. :(

Many thanks to everyone who showed an interest. Thanks too for an enjoyable four years of club membership. If my lottery numbers come up, I'll be back!

Antony

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds