user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Bertone X1/9 Gran Finale, MOT to May 2019

Bertone X1/9 Gran Finale, MOT to May 2019 2 months 3 weeks ago #39920

£5000 O.N.O (Macclesfield, Cheshire)
(Open to sensible offers and serious buyers only - discussion, price negotitation and politeness is encouraged and welcomed).
Only available for sale for a few weeks.
Excellent condition Bertone for sale, also listed on Autotrader, eBay, Gumtree and Car and Classic. Unfortunately I've had too many rude people phone me from these sites so thought I'd give the owner's club a go in the hope that everyone here is reasonable and friendly.

Drives like it's on rails, really nippy and sounds wonderful. Selling as I am rarely at home to properly look after it.

Tastefully and subtlety upgraded with:
- CSC 4-1 Sports Exhaust
- Progressive Performance Springs (30-35mm lowering)
- K&N Air Filter
- NGK Iridium IX Sparks
- Uprated Jets
- Seats and side door panels have been recovered in faux perforated leather in black and blue to match car's aesthetic - very subtle.

A few niggles (as expected with a car of this age):
- patches of bubbly rust in various locations
- clutch sometimes makes a springing noise
- 3rd gear crunches on quick gear changes
- white condensation mark in the windscreen laminate on drivers side bottom car (not visible in the driving position), but I will admit it is particularly ugly
- glove compartment doesn't lock, but closes fine
- passenger door does not lock/unlock from the outside
- no aerial for the radio
- doesn't seem to have the factory fitted alarm
- engine oil temperature dials don't seem to work
- a few scratches as expected
- windscreen wipers have one fast speed only and must be manually stopped in the correct position

All of the above are minor points considering the positives this car has, and what a car it is. I believe I have covered everything, but this car has such a huge personality it is difficult to describe.

Absolute serious buyers only. Sensible offers only.
Will try my best to answer questions. Many photos available.

Thank you for looking and please don't hesitate to get in touch, looking to sell this quickly.

Phone: 07715284757 to arrange a viewing.

Tom
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last Edit: by Tom Williams.

Bertone X1/9 Gran Finale, MOT to May 2019 2 months 3 weeks ago #39924

Hello, it looks nice.
There isn’t an oil temperature gauge, just the oil pressure one on the left ( helpfully obscured by the steering wheel)
As far as I know the factory didn’t fit alarms only the dealers upon request. Mine has one but most don’t seem to.

Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tom Williams

1989 SE in mica blue
1985 Citroën 2cv6
1994 Mercedes Benz E320 coupé
Last Edit: by Richard Morris.

Bertone X1/9 Gran Finale, MOT to May 2019 2 months 3 days ago #40022

Hi all,

Trying to keep my advert alive and am receiving little interest. I realise perhaps the asking price was a little high, but it seems very difficult to judge what to ask with the huge variety of asking prices for various conditions of X1/9s.

If anyone is interested, I'm looking for a quick sale and would be willing to consider offers of £3000 plus. Please message me or phone me on 07715284757 to arrange a viewing / test drive / or simply would like more information.

Really honest reason for selling it - I simply don't have the time to look after it in the way it deserves.

Cheers,

Tom
Attachments:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.114 seconds