user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Red over black 2 tone with gold alloys! £7,000

Red over black 2 tone with gold alloys! £7,000 2 months 1 week ago #40356

House purchase forces the sale of my cherished 1983 two tone X19. I bought this car from a very nice X19 owners club member and I think the owners before that may also have been members so perhaps some of you will know this car. Apparently it has been a regular at shows and event although not in my ownership.

The last owner told me the red over black with gold wheel colour combination is very rare as it was only in production for a year. Its really very distinctive and it gets a great deal of admiration wherever I go. The car is unmolested with the exception of the bumpers which have been retrofitted to the older more attractive format. These bumpers have been powder coated and look great as well as offering a performance enhancement due to less weight.

Mileage is 41,000 and I have done about 5,000 miles since August 2014. I’ve serviced the car and changed the oil every 6 months, replaced the back box and changed the battery, clutch and brake slave cylinders last year. The MOT runs until early June. Mechanically the car is excellent and the engine was tuned professionally by the previous owner. The leather interior is also in excellent condition for a 36 year old car, the only room for improvement are some minor stitching repairs to the seats (but no tears) and a very small crack in the top of the dash. Also one of the dash toggles is missing but I am confident I will be able to find this before selling.

On the more negative side, the paintwork could do with attention, one of the rear quarters has crazed so this area could do with being resprayed. Also one of the front arches is starting to bubble so could do with attention. The wheels are beautiful and absolutely make the car. They were refurbed professionally at great cost to the previous owner but unfortunately I managed to scrape one of them slightly although it is not particularly noticeable. The electric windows don’t work at all which I admit is a pain, but I have the ratchet so windows can be controlled manually – I tend to put them down before going for a drive on a hot summer’s day and then raise them when I get back – just take a little patience!

Car comes with loads of history and 3 boxes of spares. I tried to sell this last summer and probably got the valuation slightly wrong. I have reduced the price as I am more motivated to sell now although obviously I won’t let it go for a pittance

Car is in SW London, please contact me to view

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Joe Cripps. Reason: Adding price (£7,000) and location (London)
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.198 seconds