TOPIC:

1987 Mica Red SE for sale 2 weeks 3 days ago #42744

• Mark
  • Mark's Avatar Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
It is with much regret that I’m selling my X1/9
I’ve owned it for about 2 years, bought during lockdown as something I could use at weekends and tinker with, unfortunately due to a house renovation I don’t have the time work on it or drive much. 61300 miles, I have put about 1000 miles on it in 2 years.
Lumenition electronic ignition, new coil, dizzy cap, rotor arm and HT leads, Facet electric fuel pump, pressure reg and all new fuel hoses 12 months ago. Non original alloys with new Toyo tyres (600 miles) alloys are unmarked and I’ll also include a set of original speed line wheels which will need a refurb.
Very little rust, too channel of the nose cone has stated but treat with POR15 and a little bubbling around a wheel arch or two. No mention of rust in MOT’s
Starts easily hot or cold, never over heats and the only breakdown I’ve had was a snapped alternator belt.
Gear box oil changed to MT-90, still a slight crunch on 3rd if you change quickly.
Runs lumpy at tickover, I was planning on replacing the timing belt and booking a rolling road and time this summer but not had the time. Comes with a new timing belt and tensioner. The heater valve has just seized, easy and cheap repair though.
Interior is in very good condition, no tears to the seats, new Bluetooth radio, carpet in good condition with the usual wear to the drivers side. Loads of receipts including most MOT certificates verifying the mileage.
I planning a 1300 bumper conversion and have a set of bumpers (will require a good refurb as been previously filled), front grille, front indicators/side lights and rear number plate light, lights will need a clean up and I will include these for full asking price.
It’s a good honest little car which you could either use and enjoy as is or spend a little time to make mint, it’s not a show car, it’s 35 years old and priced accordingly. Test drive welcome and I have lots more higher definition pictures I can send, ca is located in Derbyshire near J25 M1. Serious enquiries only, I’m not going to accept silly offers as I’m in no rush to sell.
£3750 to include all 1300 bumper conversion parts

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Mark. Reason: Reduce asking price
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.072 seconds