user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #33989

It's taken 30 years for the bug to bite again...

After owning two in quick succession in the early 80's, I'm now looking for another as I'm now in a position to buy one, use it at weekends and tinker with it.

I'm fairly open to what I want but must say that something already modified and pristine is appealing. Cars like Mark Perry's (COTM May 2013) and Mark Slade's (COTM March 2012) really appeal. So a '1300 look' with an uprated engine (SOHC with mods/TC or UT) would be great. Ultimately I'm looking for usability and reliability whilstaccepting that owning an X 1/9 is more a way of life

That being said a good rust free 1500 may appeal or an original 1300... who knows !

I have been looking in Italy and there are a few good rust free ones there but prefer something from the UK.

Come back to me via the Forum or PM me.

Look forward to any responses.

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #33990

There's a black e-reg turbo on eBay at the moment. It's owned by one of the members on here, Charlie Whyte, or rather his wife. Defo worth getting in touch with him. Charle is very knowledgable and helpful.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Cuming

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #33991

Thanks Mark, appreciated.

I've seen that one and was trying to find out a bit of history about it. saw that Charlie had turbo'd a Lido a few years back so he's got the knowledge no doubt.

I'll chase it up

Andy

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #33993

:P

Last edit: by Charlie .

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #34007

Hi, I just bought Charlie's turbo'd x19 so hope to be a regular on here. I have a long car cv with my 1st x19 back in the early 90's being a fond memory which I hope to recreate soon. All being good my new toy will come in for some bodywork goodies very soon :)

Btw Charlie was a good guy to deal with and very helpful.

X 1/9 wanted 7 years 5 months ago #34030

Well Done & Welcome! I Look forward to updates of any mods and life with an X1/9 Turbo!
Who needs 4th gear anyway...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds