user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

FIAT ROSSO RED 8 years 4 months ago #32745

My X19 is finally seeing a coat of paint after nearly 3 years in the body shop, My friend called me today to say he had painted the Bay,Bonnet and boot areas with the 1 litre of paint i supplied him which should be Fiat Rosso Red.
He was concerned it was too orange and expected it to be more like a Ferrari red??
He is purchasing more of the Ral color i have given him in 2 pack tomorrow, and we are going to have a look at the sample chips at the suppliers to see if whats been put on the car is the correct color.
I have hopefully attached a picture of the front boot area with the paint used,does this look correct :unsure:

Thanks
Jon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

FIAT ROSSO RED 8 years 3 months ago #32776

Have a look at this link, it should give you the right colour for your year of car, or any other you fancy. I used this and got an exact match. However I'm told two pack may come out slightly different to the old cellulose that would have originally been applied
www.x1-9ownersclub.org.uk/x19-info/paint-colour-codes.html

FIAT ROSSO RED 8 years 3 months ago #32777

Hi Thanks for the link to the website color chart, the car was painted in the fiat 171 Rosso red as it was correct for the year 1983,he sprayed the back end of it yesterday in the 2 pack to make sure it looked OK and sure enough it does :)
Hopefully by the weekend the rolling shell should be completed and polished ready for collection on Monday :)

Attachments:

FIAT ROSSO RED 8 years 3 months ago #32782

my X1/9 (restoration project) is Rosso Red but it's metallic. I think there might be two Rosso Red. A flat colour and a metallic version.
1983 1500 (currently restoring it)
1989 1500 GF - on the road
2003 Mazda RX8 - modern version of the X1/9

Aspires to a Lancia MonteCarlo (code number by Fiat and Lancia X1/8 then X1/20)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon Griffiths

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.202 seconds