user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

New door seals 5 years 4 weeks ago #38623

Just received my new door seals from Henk Martens, finished fitting them today they were very easy to fit. If Henk reads this thank you for a quality product. I have many more Items to purchase from him.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

New door seals 5 years 4 weeks ago #38641

Looks like good work. The seals are so important on the X as they are so visible. Let us know what they are like when the doors are fitted. I had a nightmare with an 'original' door seal from a more local establishment...
Who needs 4th gear anyway...

New door seals 5 years 4 weeks ago #38653

The question we all like to ask is how much did they cost ( if you don't mind me asking)?
Very nice and look very good fit, I didn't realised there are screws in the corner blocks!
Did you have to glue the joints?

Keep up the good work it will be worth all the fun in the end
Cheers Jon G

New door seals 5 years 4 weeks ago #38654

Hi Jon, I don't mind saying how much they were...139 euro's no glue required.

New door seals 5 years 3 weeks ago #38684

Hi David, that's a really good price can't fault that!
Thanks for letting us know, once I have had a bit more enjoyment back from mine I may order a set of these for the winter evenings small jobs!
I have bought non original ones and joined them onto the original corner blocks which was a potch!! And you have to really slam the doors to make them shut on the 2nd click of the lock

Cheers Jon

New door seals 5 years 3 weeks ago #38686

Hi Jon,

I've yet to try my doors as I have to leave them off otherwise I wont be able to do any work on it in the garage as space is a premium in my little garage. I'm confident that these seals will do the job. I'll post more pictures when I have the doors back on. I still have a few more items to order from Henk Martens, however these parts can be a bit pricy....

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38693

Hi David, yes I agree much easier to rebuild the car with the doors off even if you did have loads and f space?
My doors were sat in the paint shop in primer for about 6 months until I needed them, then they were Painted and delivered safely for us to fit and scratch !! It is fun trying to fit freshly painted doors with out scratching them and or the shell! Best of luck that day
And yes I agree certain parts can be pricy!

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38698

Great to hear how good the door seals they got.

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38704

Hi David, very impressed with the pictures of the door seals. Could you tell me how to contact him so that I can order a set as well? 'Binging' his name doesn't come up with any sort of useful website. Hope you can help!
Pete

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38705

Hi mate

if you type in X1/9 parts Holland you will find him ok
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Amphlett

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38710

Pete it looks like this is the site: x19partsholland.nl
The following user(s) said Thank You: Peter Amphlett

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38711

Hi Pete,
Sorry I didn't get back to you earlier, yes the site is x19partsholland. They were very easy to attached just make sure you have a sharp blade and a good set of steel cutters...I chose not to use a hacksaw to cut through the touch section.

Dave

New door seals 5 years 2 weeks ago #38712

Hi David, thanks for the info and the advice! Nobby is in for an MoT next week, then I have to address the ongoing oil leak problem so the door seals are on a back burner at the moment but once he is sorted then the next project will be the seals.Thanks again.
Pete

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds