user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC: Quarter bumpers

Quarter bumpers 6 months 1 week ago #41083

Hi
Cars coming along nicely but looking at fitting some quarter bumpers so just wondered if anyone has fitted any.of the fibreglass ones and how they fitted them onto a Bertone .
Cheers trace

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Quarter bumpers 6 months 1 week ago #41084

Hi there,

I think the fibre glass ones can be supplied ready to fit the 1500 bumper mounting bracket?
I had a set for my 1300 project car, but realised they wouldn't fit onto a 1300 bumper mounting bracket!
So I sold them!

cheers

Andy
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

Quarter bumpers 6 months 1 week ago #41085

Yes Midwest sells very costly ones but the £50 CASCU ones just bolt on with a bit of fettling

Quarter bumpers 6 months 2 days ago #41098

I bought a set from Andy Shaw supplied with all the brackets, dummy Carello driving lamps to cover the towing eyes and pre wired number plate lights for £200. He has a set on ebay last week. Currently in the process of fitting them now.
Attachments:

Quarter bumpers 6 months 2 days ago #41099

Many thanks for the replies everyone,be interesting to see how you get on Neil and could you let me know how they actually fit to the car .

Last edit: by Tracy Albrighton .

Quarter bumpers 6 months 18 hours ago #41100

You'll also need some grommets to fill the old bumper mounting holes. Easily available from eBay and you can paint them to match your car, unless your going to weld them up. You can get a plastic mesh very similar to the original 1300 off eBay to make a grill and with a bit of fettling get it to fit. CACSU also do a 1300 chin spoiler which addresses the missing panel issue under the radiator. You can buy new 1300 indicators, but 1500 ones can be made to fit in the in the 1300 holes with a home made mounting plate, I made mine out of a bit of aluminium.

Quarter bumpers 6 months 15 hours ago #41102

I'll certainly post an update when I've got it finished. I've got the cascu front spoiler (they don't actually make it any more, have sold the molds to someone who sells them on ebay now). They are a mile out in terms of fitting so I'm intending to cut it down and bond it in place so it will look like the normal 1300 style spoiler.

Quarter bumpers 5 months 3 weeks ago #41122

I've done this to my '82 1500.
The CASCU bumpers are very race weight, there isn't much to them. In order to fit them, I offered them up to where I wanted them to fit, taped them in place and them measured them for mounting points. The, using fibreglass, I bonded M10 threaded bar (roughly 75mm long) in to the inside of the bumpers. Three "bolts" bonded into each bumper, which mounts them very securely. I haven't fitted the end caps yet, the bumpers look a little sleeker without them.
The bumpers partially obscure the rear tow eyes and original pumper mounts, but my front bumper mounts are still visible. Spraying them matt black has disguised them somewhat but I am on the look out for a set of fog light covers to hide them properly.
I also have the CASCU spoiler, it fits where it touches and actually, I don't really like the look that much.
For front indicators I used Suzuki Jimny items. They are very close match to 1300 units and fit right into the mounting hole, even using the original screw holes.

Quarter bumpers 5 months 2 weeks ago #41126

Many thanks for everyone,s help I’ll get some ordered and let you know how it goes

Quarter bumpers 5 months 1 week ago #41139

He's the pics of the new bumpers fitted, all loosely fitted at the moment so alignment not perfect.
Attachments:

Quarter bumpers 5 months 1 week ago #41140

that's pretty much where mine sit, saves me putting up a picture.

I prefer your front spoiler, where did you get it?

Quarter bumpers 5 months 1 week ago #41141

Got it from Henk Martens

Quarter bumpers 4 months 1 week ago #41160

Neil that looks great!
Who needs 4th gear anyway...

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds