• Page:

TOPIC:

Brakes 1 year 8 months ago #41689

• Pete
  • Pete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I just replaced all the brake discs , pads and refurbished all callipers however when I’ve blead the brakes the fronts are catching on the pads and feels very tight. I’ve currently got the car on stands and no wheels but is this normal?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Brakes 1 year 8 months ago #41690

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 76
They will catch to a certain extent, did you polish and copper grease the wedges?

Brakes 1 year 8 months ago #41701

• Pete
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
No and I found them very difficult to position back and had to use a hammer. Would you recommend grinding Them as very corroded to reduce the pressure on the discs

Brakes 1 year 8 months ago #41704

The wedges should only require a light tap to get them back in. Replacements are available and if in doubt replace. When you take your foot off the brake the pressure is obviously released and the piston/pad retracts slightly, but will likely touch ever so slightly. When you install the pads they should not be tight against the disc or calliper. If the pad is tight against the calliper body it may just to be too much paint, or a require a quick touch with a file. If tight against the disc then either they are out of spec/wrong sort (too thick, will need to be replaced) or more likely the piston needs pushing back further in the calliper before assembly.
The wheel should spin freely when assembled correctly, albeit you may hear the pad brushing the disc

Brakes 1 year 8 months ago #41705

• Pete
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
Ok thanks for the advise. I’m hoping the spec is fine as purchased from dg rally. I may replace the wedges but will push the piston back too and reassemble

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.076 seconds