user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Car radio aerial 11 months 3 weeks ago #41721

Hi, does anybody know where the car radio aerial was factory fitted on a 1988 Bertone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Car radio aerial 11 months 3 weeks ago #41725

Do you mean the location of the aerial on the rear wing?

If so, then normally on the nearside rear wing. i can send photos of my GF if you need.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Craig Richardson

Car radio aerial 11 months 3 weeks ago #41726

• NRG
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 61
The wiring for the auto aerial should be in the boot on the left as Andy said

Car radio aerial 11 months 3 weeks ago #41727

Thanks. My car has been restored but no external hole in wing for aerial. I have two wiring connections in rear boot on nearside which may be for aerial connections. Pictures would be good. Maybe I could fit internal aerial to save drilling a hole?

Car radio aerial 11 months 1 week ago #41732

Hi, yes, I can confirm that on later X1/9's there is wiring in the rear nearside of the boot to facilitate an automatic electric aerial. Mine is a GF. Some previous owner had done a monumental bodge (one of many I hasten to add), haphazardly running a red and a yellow pair of cables the full length and width of the car. However, in the boot are a factory fitted dark blue / red and paler blue/red pair. From memory, paler blue/red is a permanent supply and darker blue/red enables the aerial and finds its way back via the fuse board to a connector block (think its a green one) behind the console. This block is likely to be unused and tucked away somewhere. You only need to add an auxiliary switch and everything works fine. I did a minor mod to the loom however, so the radio has to be on and the switch engaged to raise the aerial. This is an attempt to prevent the rear boot spoiler from engaging with the raised aerial, consequently making it look like a coat hanger!! The period correct aux switch is marked with three dots if you can find one. The power feed to this switch is pink ( two off into one crimp on the switch), the power out to the aerial is blue with a red tracer. Problem was, this info was not documented in the X1/9 wiring info on the site, being a later addition, post 1985 models, I believe, so it took me rather a long time to reverse engineer. Happy to update these drawings if anyone wants it. Hope this helps, any questions or further info, please feel free to ask.
Lido 0503 XTB583T currently being restored
Blue Gran Finale A19RVM
Black Honda Civic Type R Facelift DN53EVM
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton, Craig Richardson

Last edit: by Peter Smith.

Car radio aerial 11 months 1 week ago #41735

Thanks a lot Peter, that's useful information for me to use as I get one installed.

Car radio aerial 11 months 1 week ago #41736

Just checking my Haynes manual, on page 202 is the wiring diagram for 1500 cc models - horns, electric aerial and heated rear window - Fig. 13.24.
It details the electric aerial wiring, dashboard switch, connectors, fuses and everything in between.
I remember looking this up when I wondered about that spare green connector behind the centre console.
I just have a simple fixed whip antenna, when I worked in the luxury car industry, these electric aerials were always prone to reliability issues!! Not sure the X1/9 needs any additional help in that department.

The aerial wiring may also be detailed in our owners club technical info wiring diagrams?

Car radio aerial 11 months 1 week ago #41737

Finally got round to being in my garage with my phone and near the back of the car. A few pictures showing the set up fo an aerial in a GF. This is the non electrical version.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
Lido ALF 704S
Attachments:

Last edit: by Andy Rowley.

Car radio aerial 11 months 1 week ago #41738

For some reason the top photo keeps coming in upside down!!!
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
Lido ALF 704S

Last edit: by Andy Rowley.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.187 seconds