• Page:

TOPIC:

Fuel lines 5 months 12 hours ago #42481

• Pete
  • Pete's Avatar Topic Author
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
  • Thank you received: 0
I’m replacing the fuel lines on my X and made a school boy error by not noting which of the two lines went into the fuel pump. I’m assuming there is an in and out from the pump. Can someone please tell me which line from the tank goes into the pump, the pump has one pipe that is raised above the other. Also my X doesn’t have a fuel filter. Can someone please advise the best point. Is it between the tank and the pump ? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Fuel lines 5 months 7 hours ago #42482

On mine the hose from the tank fits on to the connector that’s nearest to the bulkhead. Your pump may have a small arrow stamped on it which shows the direction of flow. I replaced my fuel lines sometime ago and copied the existing with the filter between the tank and the pump.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42483

I placed a inline filter between the tank and pump but also one between the pump and carb just to be safe
The following user(s) said Thank You: Pete

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42484

Have you considered an electric fuel pump?

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42485

Many times I’ve thought of fitting a facet 4 psi but not sure on how to go about it , where to place it , what happens to the old pump , etc

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42486

Well, as it happens I have a second hand one for sale, a German Hardi. The good thing about the Hardi pump is that it is self regulating for pressure.
The advantages I have found for the electric pump is instant starting and better hot starting. Mine is installed on a simple bracket next to where the fuel pipes come out of the tank. When the car is hot the pump will run cool fuel through the carburettor.
If you want it it is £35 plus postage. I could send a photo of the installation. The old pump stays where it is with a fuel pipe linking the inlet and outlet just in case.

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42487

Sent you a PM

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42488

here it is with a wire to earth and one to + coil
Attachments:

Fuel lines 4 months 4 weeks ago #42489

I retained the carb cooling fan and attached a bracket for the pump which is mounted on 2 antivibration mounts.

Made from 30 mm x1.5 mm aluminium angle. The end plate of the fan assembly was drilled and tapped 6 mm and mounted with M 6 machine screws with locking nuts on the inside. Power was taken from the coil feed via a Ford Mondeo inertia switch which was also tapped 6mm and mounted on the right hand side of the engine bay close to the coil.

I too left the mechanical pump in place with a loop of 8mm petrol hose on the inlet and outlet pipes.

I have not yet any photos of the fully completed work, but it is all up and running . As you will see, I really need a new flexible hose to the carburettor.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Rowley

Last edit: by Pete Pearson.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 1.073 seconds