user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Sidelights 1 year 6 months ago #42824

Hi at the moment my sidelights were removed by previous owner i have now fitted some and wondered if anyone could help has when they were removed they were wired to come on through headlghts i need to reverse this and need to know what they may have done. Am i right in thinking they still pop up but are not on many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Tracy Albrighton .

Sidelights 1 year 6 months ago #42825

Hi Tracy, what age is your car?
In every case, the sidelights (front) and rear tail lights as well as panel illumination have their own circuit and should come on at the first position of the lighting switch.
Do you have a Haynes manual or the club x1/9 info section for wiring diagrams and pick up on the relevant wire colour for the side light circuit.

Sidelights 1 year 6 months ago #42826

Hi mate
Thanks for the reply my car is a 86 reg so should pods go up with sidelights but dont light up

Sidelights 1 year 6 months ago #42838

Two prime possibilities :- The fuse has blown (why!??) - there are two 7.5amp fuses - on the bottom row labelled with a couple of light symbols facing opposite directions.
The lighting switch has gone faulty.

That's my first guess but if all your sidelights are not working ? I would need to check out my Haynes & circuit diagrams folder. let me know.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.051 seconds