user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Transform your X19 for £350 1 year 4 months ago #42939

So I 'completed' the restoration on my X19 and was a bit disappointed to be honest it still felt like an old classic car so since then this is what i have done and its transformed the car and for not a lot of money
Carburettor - I changed the jets to 1.35 and 1.20 accordingly which removed the flat spot between 2,000 and 3,000 RPM cost £5.52 from Eurosport!
Heavy steering - upgraded to the strut top aluminium bearings on the front and fitted new pivot washer and rubber seal at the same time - £85.38 Eurosport
Starter click - upgraded to the Wosp high torque starter - cost £260 the most expensive part but now turns over like a Ferrari
I can not recommend these modifications enough and all for £350

hot starting issues - additionally I have mentioned in a previous post about getting the carb serviced as changing the jets will not fix a dodgy carb with the carb service kit and labour this costs another £370. Having the carb serviced plus the high torque starter fixed hot start issues for me
Hope this helps
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy Rowley, Alan Hutton

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Richard Garnett.

Transform your X19 for £350 1 year 4 months ago #42940

Some good mods there Richard, I'm glad it's worked out well. I remember back in 2001 when I had a standard engine and like you I did the jet mod. I then added a 4 branch ansa exhaust and couldn't believe the change in the performance.

Probably the best change I ever did was adding the Fiat Uno electronic ignition system. It always fired up instantly after that.
1986 'BAD' Turbo Bertone X1/9
1977 1300 Special Series
1989 Lotus Esprit 2.2 Turbo
1985 Pontiac Fiero 2.8 V6
1986 Mk1 b MR2 t-bar
1999 Mk 2 MR2 Rev 5 t-bar, 3.0 V6 vvti
2012 GT86
The following user(s) said Thank You: Richard Garnett

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.042 seconds