user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

window winder mechanism 7 months 3 weeks ago #43431

Hi, im slowly putting back together a restored x19 1978. It came with a mix of both types of electric window winder mechanisms, large metal one which bolts to the glass and a small one with cable, but no manual ones. Is the 1978 model supposed to be electric or manual.. Also looks very difficult job so thinking of purchasing the manual ones, any advice happily received. The 2 doors on the vehicle are not quite the same either. The one with the mechanism fitted I did but does not fit in the door very well. I cad check movement as the vehicle wiring all need sorting. Any help appreciated. thanks pete.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Andy Rowley.

widow wider mechanism 7 months 2 weeks ago #43435

1978 cars should have manual window winders as standard.

I wonder whether your car has had the doors replaced at some point with later ones that can take an electric motor?
Electric window motors weren't fitted as standard until the VS came out in 1983/84.

Manual winders and the cabling are a complete bar***rd to fit :(
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S

widow wider mechanism 7 months 2 weeks ago #43446

Thanks, it does have a 1 different door, I brought it and had been restored, resprayed and half put back together. Engine was also in bits but thats been rebuilt now. Not sure what to do about the doors, one manual and one electric, best try and convert the other to electric but doesnt look easy :)

widow wider mechanism 7 months 2 weeks ago #43447

Hi Peter. Perhaps better trying to locate another manual door to match up. Might save you alot of aggro!!!

Last edit: by Garry Ursin-smith.

widow wider mechanism 6 months 4 weeks ago #43486

Yep, I think you are right,,, less hassle after fitting..

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.056 seconds