user_mobilelogo
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
This is a public forum thread open to all users
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Front drivers side indicator and side light cluster 7 months 1 week ago #43466

Hi all,

I am new to X19 ownership, since buying back the same car we sold 19 years ago when my father passed away. I feel privileged to have the chance to drive my late fathers pride and joy and I am loving the experience.
One part I'm less enthused about is the overheating issue I seem to be having, but I've now removed all of the front trim and the radiator is coming out tomorrow for a check. During this process to access the radiator, I realised that I have different front indicator lights, one is a lovely chrome outer and the other is all plastic, even the fixing screws.
The car is a 1978 Lido and it's all pretty much original. Does anyone know which of these light cluster is original, chrome or plastic and where I might be able to find a replacement. My feeling is that the chrome is more likely to be original and for sure it's more appealing.
Anyone who knows where I can find such a part would be doing me a huge favour.
Many thanks

Greg

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Front drivers side indicator and side light cluster 7 months 1 week ago #43467

• NRG
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • Thank you received: 101
Great to have another Lido owner here! The Chrome is original and they are tricky to find, try searching on ebay and facebook…

Front drivers side indicator and side light cluster 7 months 1 week ago #43468

Good practice if you have an overheating is just regular maintenance - I had my tatty radiator re-cored looks like new! Flush out the whole system and refill with fresh antifreeze and take time to bleed it properly (plenty excellent hint in our club site here). Any hard hoses should be replaced of course, perhaps a new rad cap to maintain pressure.
I had all this & more done to my 1500 and it hasn't overheated even when it was really hot (in the UK).

Front drivers side indicator and side light cluster 7 months 1 week ago #43469

If you've got your radiator out I would recommend getting it re-cored.

It will improve the efficiency of your radiator and remove the biggest reason for over heating.
Money well spent in my book ;)

I have messed about with them previously but n the end only a re-core will sort it out.
Blue Gran Finale F100FAW
As seen in Classic & Sports car....
As seen in Auto Italia.....
As seen on Fifth Gear....!!!!
Lido ALF 704S
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alan Hutton

Front drivers side indicator and side light cluster 6 months 4 weeks ago #43483

Thanks so much....

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.053 seconds